« Women, Men, Romance, Sex Linkage | Main | Fact for the Day »

October 28, 2008

Ron Paul Clip for the Day

Opinions please: Is Ron Paul a crackpot? Or is he someone who's doing a good job of describing the world as it actually is?

Bonus point: The Independent wonders if the derivatives market is going to take the world economy down.

posted by Michael at October 28, 2008

Comments

Oh, I love that clip. I posted it too. There's this beautiful girl with lovely calves looking up at a giant Ron Paul head. The head is saying wise things to the girl with the calves and she is saying that he "always makes good points." I'm in hog heaven.

Posted by: Lester Hunt on October 28, 2008 8:07 PM

He is describing the world as it is AND he is a crackpot.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

On second thought, he's not SUCH a crackpot after all.

Or maybe he is.

Posted by: vanderleun on October 28, 2008 9:20 PM

Announcer: Have you heard anything from either of the two Presidential candidates about their economic plans that are a good thing?

Ron Paul: Uh, no, not really.

-- He doesn't sound like a crackpot to me!

Posted by: Bill on October 28, 2008 9:41 PM

It's amazing how the press marginalizes a guy like this (and I'm looking at you, CNN) only to call upon him late in teh election season and treat him like a sage. While his ideas are good, he was pilloried as a right-wing lunatic by the same people that lap up his bon mots now.

He has a hell of a lot more grace than I'd ever display after his shoddy treatment by the left wing media. But, getting back to your question, he's the right-on, man.

Posted by: Quik Hit on October 28, 2008 10:26 PM

Vanderleun has the beginning of wisdom. His outer eye sees clearly.

Consider, grasshopper:

Ron Paul describes the world as it is.
Ron Paul is a crackpot.
Therefore, the world is a cracked pot.
QED

Ah, grasshopper. Now your inner eye sees clearly.

Posted by: Master Po-face on October 29, 2008 4:07 AM

Oh, I miss this candidate.

Thanks for the clip. I'ma grab it too.

Posted by: Nate on October 29, 2008 6:54 AM

I noticed the legs on the newscaster bimbo, too.

Fox News is awash in blond bimbos who are also policy wonks. What caused this?

I agree. Paul's very realistic and he's a crank. What does reality have to do with anything? We're talking politics.

I think that all of the old bromides about the free market and fiscal conservatism and self-reliance are about to go out the window. The outrageous binge of feeding by elected representatives and corporate execs at the public trough that precipitated the mortgage crisis has killed all of these fine ideals.

The issue for me, as well as for most Americans, has become (I think): The fucking CEO who looted Fannie Mae (or AIG or whatever) didn't fire himself and give the money back. He gamed the system and walked away with hundreds of millions.

Where's mine? Why am I supposed to be a heroic individualist drudging away in a free market? That's for fools.

Posted by: Shouting Thomas on October 29, 2008 8:27 AM

"I think that all of the old bromides about the free market and fiscal conservatism and self-reliance are about to go out the window."

"We have given them a republic if they can keep it."

Republics tend to last around 200 years before the populace figures out how to vote themselves largess from the public treasury.

Posted by: kurt9 on October 29, 2008 11:56 AM

Is Ron Paul a crackpot? People keep telling me so, but the more I listen the more he makes sense to me.

Another question: Is Kiran Chetry a MILF? Oh HELL yes. I miss her on Fox News.

Posted by: T. AKA Ricky Raw on October 29, 2008 12:38 PM

Is Ron Paul a crackpot?

We're all crackpots now.

Or will be, before the decade is out.

Posted by: Moira Breen on October 29, 2008 2:58 PM

Ron Paul is no crank. He's just there to lead the "smart-enough-to-see" crowd in a pre-determined direction. And that is the direction of beleiving that if you put good, moral people into the bowels of a totalitarian system, it will somehow work better. We will not be saved by anybody in this system, and Ron Paul knows that. But he plays his part well. I used to believe in him as little as 8 months ago. I know better now.

Posted by: BIOH on October 29, 2008 3:09 PM

I can't be alone in wanting to know more from BIOH here, can I? BIOH disillusioned with Ron Paul? How? When? Why?

Posted by: Michael Blowhard on October 29, 2008 9:46 PM

BIOH disillusioned with Ron Paul? How? When? Why?

I assume it's because he actually thought the guy could win this election.

Posted by: i, squub on October 29, 2008 11:21 PM

MB and i,squub:

I'm not disillusioned with Ron Paul because he didn't win the election. I'm disillusioned with the idea that the problems we face can be solved from the top when they all come from the top.

The key to understanding my position is that I don't think the President of the US is the top. The scumbags who finance this puppet are the top. How do you change that by voting for Ron Paul? It doesn't change anything, and he won't either, because if he tried to they would just shoot the guy.

In a nutshell, our country is no longer our country. Voting really means almost nothing, especially at the federal level. Both sides are bought, and the buyers don't give a crap about the middle class or the lower class.

The fact that Ron Paul is even on the media at all tells me that there is not something right about the guy, no matter what he says. He has been chosen by the elites to play a role and herd the sheep into the right pen. That's the real truth.

I was more about the movement of informing the people about the Fed and the corruption. Yet after the primary losses, the whole movement has shut down. And that's the problem--its about one guy changing everything from the top instead of the regular guy just refusing to go along with the system.

Posted by: BIOH on October 30, 2008 5:40 PM